6 CEs $135.00
Lancaster – September 8, 2017 10:00am – 5:00pm
- Students will demonstrate a proficiency in explanation of muscle mechanics in layman’s terms
- Students will demonstrate a proficiency in explanation of how body mechanics relates to conditions in the body
- Students will demonstrate their understanding of standard Anatomy, Physiology and Kinesiology Terminology
- Students will demonstrate the use of major muscle groups in standard everyday use
- Students will demonstrate correct body mechanics for specific issues and occupations both office and non-office related
- Students will demonstration how their clients can make changes in their body mechanics habits in their work and life.
- Students will be able to competently education their clients concerning body mechanics
- Students will list the contraindications that can be associated with the improper use of certain movements
This class will prepare the student to address client complaints about pain with educated responses including but not limited to muscle operation in layman’s terms, how the muscles are connected through the fascial network and body mechanics for their jobs.
This class addresses the issue of how to explain to clients that the way they are using their body is what is contributing to the pain they come to you for relief from. Since you know how to relieve the pain, now you can explain how the client can improve their work environment ergonomically between appointments to also help ease the pain. Educating clients may mean less appointments, however by educating them on this you can also educate them on how regular massage can combat the damage of the repetitive movements they still make. AND happy clients are more likely to refer.
Americans are more sedentary in their lifestyles and OSHA reports that musculoskeletal disorders are one of the “leading causes of lost workday injury and illness”. Your clients need to be informed of what is appropriate in the use of their bodies. Your clients tell others if you don’t help them, but educating them is helping them.
This class helps you to keep clients by educating them. Students should wear comfortable clothing and bring standard table linens.
Please be sure to complete the Registration Form above before paying by credit card or sending your check!
To pay by credit card, please use the BUY NOW button below
To pay by check, please mail payment to
Sage Continuing Education
719 Olde Hickory Road Suite B
Lancaster, PA 17601
*Please include name and class in memo
Group Registration Form